Omron memory mudule???

mordred

Trying to learn Omron programming having worked with AB for about 5 years. I just need to clarify the distinction of the various memory areas. If my understanding is correct the work area is the same as the holding area except the holding area is retentive?(holds last state until rewritten).
How does the temporary relay area work?

does anyone hsve a good link that has a better explanation that the instruction set manual?

If my understanding is correct the work area is the same as the holding area except the holding area is retentive?(holds last state until rewritten).
You are correct.
How does the temporary relay area work?
Unless you are programming with the handheld console, temporary relays are transparent to the user. They are used similarly to the branch end function in SLC 500 instruction set. The software will assign them for you and unless you view the code in mnemonics, you will never see them.

Thanks Jay tha tpretty much answers my immediat questions now to put what I've learned into practicum.