MLX to CpLX Conversion tool

Oceansoul

I am trying to convert a program from MLX to CpLX using the conversion tool. I am getting an error unable to find *.txt file. Would anyone be able to run the attached *.rss file through there conversion too and post the outcome *.acd? I will worry about tidying the code etc The CpLX controller will be a 1769-L24ER-QBFC1B. Thanks if anyone can help.

It was short enough to convert by hand....

Everything retained, all the SLC style addresses have been changed to array tags, arrays same size as old data-tables...

e.g.
N9:2 = N9[2]
T4:3.DN = T4[3].DN

Converted to Studio5000 V21 - if you don't have V21 to open it, let me know what you have. (You'll need at least V16, because I've used the SCP Add-On Instruction Sample)

Check the scaling parameters for the RAW/Proportional data from the on-board analog inputs.

from the manual - "Raw/Proportional - The value presented is proportional to the selected input and scaled into the maximum data range allowed by the bit resolution of the A/D converter." - it is a 16-bit signed value, so I'm assuming 4mA = 0, and 20mA = +32,767

Any problems - let me know...

Last edited:
Wow. Thanks for that. I was expecting to have to convert it myself. I had already done this once, as currently there is a Mitsubishi FX PLC, which I am replacing. Originally I was told to use a micrologix then management changed their minds and I was told to use a compactlogix. I am going to modify the code to make it more efficient.

Once again thanks for your help.

Wow. Thanks for that. I was expecting to have to convert it myself. I had already done this once, as currently there is a Mitsubishi FX PLC, which I am replacing. Originally I was told to use a micrologix then management changed their minds and I was told to use a compactlogix. I am going to modify the code to make it more efficient.

Once again thanks for your help.

Why waste time modifying it ? Admittedly it's not "Logix5000 tuned", but it's only a small program and making it prettier and faster will serve little purpose. I thought about bringing it up to date while converting it, but had second thoughts.

At least the way it is, there's more of a chance it being "familiar" to anyone who knew the Mitsi application. And of course you know it works as it is.

Just my 2c :)

Addendum : reading between the lines, I see .....there never was a MiroLogix.... Perhaps the Logix5000 application that uses 500-style data-table arrays isn't the best format.... I'll leave it up to you how you proceed....

Last edited: