M340 PLC: BMXP341000 Processor and BMXNOC0401

dev78386

Supporting Member
Hi there,

I am confused with configuration of these modules.My queries

1. Do I need a communication module( NOC0401) to identify the PLC and program.

I am using a USB Type B to program, as the processor has a serial port and Modbus Port.

2. Do I need to setup the NOC0401 module to transfer the program in to the PLC

3. What is the communication module for as i am able to transfer the program in to M340 PLC using typeB connector on the processor module.

4.When I am configuring the communication module which family processor I have to choose. I know that it opens up with a default. However, I cannot see the P341000 family of processor in the drop down menu. I watched youtube videos where everyone changing the family from default to P342000. I am struck here as I have a P341000 processor. Confused!

Previously I have successfully configured AB 1400 PLC, where I used a serial port for programming and IP configuration to identify the PLC. Is it the same with schneider M340 as well?

I am missing some theory and logic. can someone please briefly explain.:eek:

Thank you
Immanuel

Hi there,

I am confused with configuration of these modules.My queries

1. Do I need a communication module( NOC0401) to identify the PLC and program.

I am using a USB Type B to program, as the processor has a serial port and Modbus Port.

2. Do I need to setup the NOC0401 module to transfer the program in to the PLC

3. What is the communication module for as i am able to transfer the program in to M340 PLC using typeB connector on the processor module.

4.When I am configuring the communication module which family processor I have to choose. I know that it opens up with a default. However, I cannot see the P341000 family of processor in the drop down menu. I watched youtube videos where everyone changing the family from default to P342000. I am struck here as I have a P341000 processor. Confused!

Previously I have successfully configured AB 1400 PLC, where I used a serial port for programming and IP configuration to identify the PLC. Is it the same with schneider M340 as well?

I am missing some theory and logic. can someone please briefly explain.:eek:

Thank you
Immanuel

1. You Don't necassarily need a NOC Module, its an extra ethernet module, they are normally used on M340's if you need 2 PLC's to transfer data to each other, the CPU ethernet port does not have that functionality.(I0 Scanning/Global Data)

2. You dont have to set it up, but if you have one you probably should.

3. see number 1.

4.The P34 1000 should be the very first module under the Modicon m340 tree when creating a new project or changing the processor, what version of unity are you running?

You Can use the USB port with full configuration and programming functions, when you connect select USB and the address will be SYS.

Last edited:
you only need properly shielded USB cable, cheap USB cables aren't allways working.
Schneider have own cable, where shield can be earthed, but that isn't userually needed.

Just to clarify a NOC module is for communicating on ethernet IP and/or Modbus TCP IP
networks. Once it is configured you can also program and go online via ethernet (NOC) to plc