Looking for examples of "Mission Statements" for Maintenance programs

Rob S.

Has many of you know , plant maintenance is very important for a manufacturing plant . I was speaking with my boss this morning about taking a new approach to our maintenance department. I was also thinking of establishing a "Mission Statement" for the department. Have any of you thought of this , and if so could you give some examples of them .

Thanks so much in advance ,

Or an example from Metropolitan Maintenance

Our mission is to provide high quality janitorial services to commercial, industrial, and institutional customers. We are committed to being the janitorial experts of choice. We believe in establishing a partnership with clients in order to best customize our service to meet their needs. It is through this partnership that our customers will find value and as a result, our reputation will be second to none. Above all else, customer satisfaction is our ultimate goal.

I've been in Maintenance for 12 years. Progressed from Apprentice Electrician to Senior Tech. All that time with global heavy weights. The only time I have ever seen a Mission Statement is from a new Indian Engineering Graduate we had once on a Secondment from another division. Safe to say, we broke him in under a week. Funny thing is, the buy in that you think you have got from the guys... Well, they're smart enough to know to keep their mouths shut and let things pan out. No one in the workshop? If they're not fixing sh_t out on the floor, they're talking sh_t out on the floor.

The thought of a "Mission Statement" is great for management but will be met with derision from your maintenance staff once you clear the door. Treat then nice, go out of your way for them, work with them and they will work for you. If you have the "my or highway attitude" the only good a mission statement will do is add some comedy relief for the guys at your expense.

Safety first and nothing is safer than equipment that is in good working order.
Nothing is more efficient as equipment in good working order.
Nothing runs as economically as equipment in good working order.
Quit talking about how important good maintenance is and do it!

How to get there.
1. Do away with pencil intensive PM's.
2. Institute a good ultrasonic measurement route system and tie it to the lubrication schedule
3. Make sure machine alignments are done right using laser alignment tools with properly trained technicians.
4.Quit talking about world class maintenance and do it.

For the automation guys. The machinery has to be controlled properly to run properly.

In my plant I have been able to get the above things done, but management is working to reverse all of the gain with lack of support. Nothing is as disheartening as losing ground on the maintenance end especially due to the lack of support.
They have ridden to the top of the heap on the stellar performance of the plant and now are digging out the foundations.

This is, by the way, is normal in American business.

Hang this over the door leading into the plant from the Maintenance shop.

"I have done so much, for so long, with so little. I can now do anything with nothing
Welcome to the land of the GREAT UNF**K"

It's not Corporate..................but its true

+1 to REDBARRON 55

If we can't fix it

Maintance Shop saying.
If we can't fix it, it ain't broke. If it ain't broke, we can't fix it.

My saying was.
If it has wires on it I can fix it, If I can't fix it I can redesign it.

Our shops mission statement was.
Keep it clean, keep it safe, keep it running.

The last maintenance job I had, the motto seemed to be "just make it work, without buying any parts or spending any money." It only ever had to work long enough for the (mis)management supervisor to finish f***ing up this plant and resign to move on to the next one.

It was not a happy place to work.

Engineering FlowChart
attachment.php

"Mission Statements" for Maintenance programs?

I guess a "Mission Statement" for Maintenance programs may satisfy the emotions but it will do nothing to keep the plant running. For that, one needs a good system of record keeping and scheduling with a manufacturing head who understands the value and helps enforce the predictive/preventive maintenance.
👨🏻‍🏫

Has many of you know , plant maintenance is very important for a manufacturing plant . I was speaking with my boss this morning about taking a new approach to our maintenance department. I was also thinking of establishing a "Mission Statement" for the department. Have any of you thought of this , and if so could you give some examples of them .

Thanks so much in advance ,