Logging to Memory Card - CompactLogix

There is some sample code that comes with RSLogix on how to do it. It's been a while but I have played around with it at my desk. I wasn't logging data, just saving some recipes periodically. It may not be a good idea if you have to log frequently.

The sample had message instructions that would create directories, files and save the data to the file. You had to take all of the data you wanted to save and put it in a tag that was an array of 500 bytes (SINT), then it would write that array to the card. I think you could specify the number of bytes you wanted to write.

Similar Topics

Hi folks, I'm not as accustom with Siemens & WinCC, however I've been asked to increase the amount of data an existing application is logging...
Replies
Views
Good morning 1400 b Micrologix PLC, Question; the unit come standard with 128Kb of memory for data logging, is there an expansion module...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. New to the forum. I have been playing around with a plc that is used on a fleet of pumps we use in a rental operation. Currently we are...
Replies
Views
Hi, Wy we log data in PLC using DLG instruction, when we have option to log data in HMI
Replies
Views
Hi everyone id like to start by saying im not a PLC programmer so my technical terminology is limited. i would like advice on what software is...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom