Unity pro equivalent to rslogix's MSG instruction

MrL1234

Hey all, I’m looking to set up a client/server Ethernet connection with a device to communicate to my Schneider plc. I’ve done this before with AB PLC’s using the MSG instruction, does anyone know how I would do this in the unity software?
Thanks

Depends on platform:

Try mstr block for quantum and read_'var and family for M340 and premium. You may need a send_request block too, depending.

Have a look at these to get started. If you can be more specific it would help. Platform? Ethernet module? Protocol to use?

I’ve had to start teaching myself how to use Unity Pro (for among other things messaging) and the most helpful approach so far was to forget what I knew/know about using RSLogix.

What are you trying to connect to and between?
The Ethernet I/O will communicate via ModBus TCP pretty easily.
If you want to read or write to another PLC over TCP then you setup the remote I/O to send and receive data over memory addresses and the reads and writes are pretty much handled automatically.