Omron CP1E-N40SDR-A Input Allocation

Thor Hammer

Setting up the PLC in my title. CP1E with 40 I/O.

0.00-0.011 are OK and show up as In

When I input address CIO 1.00 (24 inputs) it shows up as a Work bit. I double checked my PLC selection as CP1E and N40 and all OK. Not sure why its doing this.

Outputs are same. I type in 101.00 and it shows up as a work bit. Yet 100.00-100.07 are ok.

Any insight greatly appreciated!

Interesting. See screen shot below.
I am running CX-Programmer v9.61.
I would contact Omron tech support (800-556-6766) and ask if they are aware of any issues.

CP1E_Rung0.jpg

I just tried it again on v9.63 and this time it worked correctly. That's really STRANGE!!
The first time I defined the symbol "ONE" for 1.00 then set the CPU type. The second time I set the CPU type before I defined the symbol.

Interesting. See screen shot below.
I am running CX-Programmer v9.61.
I would contact Omron tech support (800-556-6766) and ask if they are aware of any issues.

I just got off the phone with tech. I don't know why, but when I opened a new project 1.00 shows as In.

However, opening a previous project with a different PLC, then updating the PLC and saving as a different file name did not allocate the inputs correctly. Odd, but ok. Problem solved. However, I closed my project, then re-opened it. THEN, it allocated correctly. Hmm, ok.

Last edited: