studio 5000 safety

maynarddon

I created a new project with a 1756-L72S controller. Now I want to change the controller but the option to change the controller is grayed out. Safety is unlocked but I can't figure out why it won't let me change the controller. I've included a screen shot of the controller properties screen. I must be missing something!
safety plc.jpg safety plc 1.jpg safety plc 2.jpg

Stupid question but I have to ask: Are you offline?

Then, what Studio 5000 package do you have? For example, mine is Professional Edition. Click Help, then About. We know it is v24 from the screenshots but we don't know what package it is.

OG

WhatEdition.PNG

While standard edition supports the GuardLogix processors, it includes Upload/Download functionality of safety logic only. The safety editor is available separately (or is included by default in Full or Professional edition). I would say that the upload/download only limitation extends to changing the processor type.

More information here

While standard edition supports the GuardLogix processors, it includes Upload/Download functionality of safety logic only. The safety editor is available separately (or is included by default in Full or Professional edition). I would say that the upload/download only limitation extends to changing the processor type.

More information here

Bingo. This shows what ASF mentions. You can look, but you cannot change using the Standard edition. This is a slightly stitched together graphic.

OG

Bundles.jpg

Thanks!

Our activation server had no licenses for the full edition available. So it gave me one for the standard edition. Closed 5000 on another terminal and restarted it on mine. Then I got the correct license.

Thanks Operaghost and ASF! This was inherently un-obvious to me. Hopefully this will save someone else some trouble.