Changing out PFlex 70 with slightly different part #.Does not connect with DeviceNet

This plant has had a problem with connecting DeviceNet to a PowerFlex 70 drive when they change out with a slightly different model number such as....

20A C 5P0 A 0 AYNANNN 3 Horsepower to a
20A D 5P0 A 3 AYNNNC0 3 Horsepower.

Have any of you had this problem before ?

Thanks so much in advance,

My guess is that this is an Electronic Keying problem, which will generate the status code "73" on most PLC-based DeviceNet scanners.

Every device on a DeviceNet network has an Identity Object, which includes the Vendor, Device Type, Device Code, and Major/Minor firmware revisions.

Every different power or voltage rating of AC drives (at least in the A-B world) has a different Device Code. For example, the "20AC..." part number is a 400V rated drive, while "20AD" is a 480V rated drive.

The idea behind this is to be able to more precisely identify a device other than by its node number, for functions like automatic parameter download, and to decrease the probability that you could run the wrong motor just because somebody turned a node address dial a millimeter too far.

If you need to swap out drives of different voltage ratings and frame types without changing the DeviceNet Scanlist in the scanner, you can go un-check the Device Code checkbox in the Electronic Keying section of the DeviceNet Scanner's scanlist entry for that drive.

Thanks Ken ,

My plans are to replace all the DeviceNet in our plant. DeviceNet is just used within the panels , nothing out on the machinery . It seems like DeviceNet is being phased out , is that correct ?