Kinetix 6500 question.

Chris K

Hello,
I am trying to build a test station for servos using Kinetix 6500, All is well, except when I am trying to run Motion Direct command, beside MAH, MSO, MSF I am getting error "execute on an axis whose servo loop is not closed". What can cause that? It's wiring problem or should I look in the code? Any tips will be greatly appreciate.

A physical axis can't do anything unless it is enabled and actively controlling its own position. The axis is put in this state with the MSO (Motion Servo On) command. You have to issue an MSO before you can issue any motion commands. You only have to issue one MSO assuming you have not also issued an MSF (Motion Servo ofF) or the axis has not lost servo control due to fault or e-stop since the last MSO.

Keith

Thanks for the reply. I am aware of the fact that in order to make motion on the servo MSO command ha to be issued, however, when the command is issued there is no error. Error appears as "execute on an axis whose servo loop is not closed" when MAJ command is issued.

agreeing with Kamenges (and you), the only time I get that message is when the servo is not turned on. Maybe something is turning the servo off after you MSO?

Watch the axis tag .ServoActionStatus. It need to stay true. Maybe it's going false for some reason?