Should PLC output take 3-4 SEC to turn on from FT SE 8.2 ?

bdoutney

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a project with Factorytalk SE 8.2 and 2 Micrologix 1400. Its basic High, low, and Hi-High level digital inputs in one PLC and 1 output to a sounder at the other. The factory talk view client screen is a copy of the hardwired indicator panel in the tank room. It has 3 pilot light indicators for each tank X 10 tanks.
The screen has a silence button that suppresses the sounder and the lights blink until the condition is reset.
It takes 3 sec for the FTV pilot lite to come on and it takes 5 sec for the sounder to silence after the on screen button is pushed. Any ideas whats wrong?

One possibility is the screen update rate for that particular display. That rate can be as fast as 0.05 seconds or as infrequent as 120 seconds.

Plus, you should check whether it's addressed to a HMI tag or directly to the PLC - that will slow things down as well. Plus the scan time of your PLC, if that logic happens to be in a slower periodic task. Add them all up, and yes, it's possible to see a three second delay between button press and action.