s7-1200 problem with GET

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi!

I'll admit I'm not that into the communications part of TIA portal but I have several GET instructions in my s7-1200 CPUs and they usually just work. But this time I got some confusing error I'm not sure how to handle.

The status constantly goes from 25 to 1.
25=communication started
1=Communication problems, for example
Connection description not loaded (local or remote)
Connection interrupted (for example: cable, CPU off, CP in STOP mode)
Connection to partner not yet established

So I pressed diagnostic on the block and go to this page telling me that online and offline are missmatched. I have downloaded the program several times and still the same problem. I have access to the partner since I can both ping the CPU and go online.

I'll upload a screenshot I took at the problem. I can also provide more screenshots of the block settings if that helps.

GET-problem.jpg

I do not see it good, it is blurry, but the IDs don't match. It should take care of it automatically.. Are you sure you downloaded the HW configuration on both CPUs? Connections are downloaded in the HW part.

I do not see it good, it is blurry, but the IDs don't match. It should take care of it automatically.. Are you sure you downloaded the HW configuration on both CPUs? Connections are downloaded in the HW part.
Sorry , maybe I can make it smaller and it gets better. Should the IDs be identical? Usually TIA portal assign this automaticly so I'm not used to it. I've downloaded it into one CPU the communications is only one way, using GET in my CPU that is recieving data. This ia how I've done it in the other CPUs I've used. I'll check the connection iD and read up on that part if that seems to be the problem

Doesn't matter if it is one way. You have to download it to both of them, it will work. Only unspecified can be downloaded on one end...

IDs should be the same in a way that 100-102 in one connection should be 102-100 for the same connection on the partner plc.

(right now plc1 is knocking on plc2 door saying that it has room 102 reserved for him, but the plc2 says I have only room 100 reserved, so go away - and probably only because you didnt download it, TIA changed it all automatically like you said, but it is not on the plc.)

Last edited:
Doesn't matter if it is one way. You have to download it to both of them, it will work. Only unspecified can be downloaded on one end...

IDs should be the same in a way that 100-102 in one connection should be 102-100 for the same connection on the partner plc.

(right now plc1 is knocking on plc2 door saying that it has room 102 reserved for him, but the plc2 says I have only room 100 reserved, so go away - and probably only because you didnt download it, TIA changed it all automatically like you said, but it is not on the plc.)

Ok so if I want to only download this into one plc , I must use GET with inspecified partner?

Ok so if I want to only download this into one plc , I must use GET with inspecified partner?

Yes. Then he comes and asks for a room if there is any.
It has some drawbacks..
If the other plc can't be downloaded it is ok, but if it can, it is much better to make a specified one. :)