Order of installation for Rockwell software

73project

When starting an install on a new laptop, is there a preferred order of installation? I'm going to install RS500, RS5000 V12 through V21, RSView 8.0, FactoryTalk Activation, FactoryTalk AssetCentre Client, and RSLinx. I have yet to find an article on what the order should be, or if it even matters. The option of a VM is out from IT rules at our company, and this is a W764 machine.

Me personally, I would start with the oldest logix version and work my way up to the newest. Then install FactoryTalk.

Linx and Activation manager will be installed with the newer versions of Logix so you don't really have to worry about those. I'm not sure where AssetCenter fits in, we don't use it but I would install it last.

It's unfortunate that your IT department is against VM's, but whatta-ya-gonna-do...

edit: I really don't think the order will matter too much in reality, I think that for each way of installing, there is someone out there that has ran into some bump in the road.

Last edited: