Design a system

LiftedF250

I recently registered for a PLC class at a local community college for this coming spring semester, and I have never dealt with PLC's before in my life. Anyways, I was on the class rubic online and the instructor provided us with practice sheets online, is there anyway someone on the forum can figure these out and explain how it's done? I will attach what is on the rubic, thanks for any help in advance.

IMG_20161118_140706.jpg IMG_20161118_140652.jpg

Welcome to to forum! The wording of your question can be interpreted as a request for someone else to do your work for you. That's not likely to be found here but there are plenty of people willing to offer advice & guidance if you are able to put in some effort and provide info showing such.

That said, take a look at each practice sheet. Break out the details of each into a list of PLC intputs & outputs. Make a list of objectives to be accomplished and their order. Now put this into a flow chart or some other type of sequence. Getting it on paper is a great first start. Help us help you.

Me thinks, if that is all he can do, he isn't coming anywhere near one of the machines I work on. Those two exercises will get us past the power-up self-test. Then we need to make the machine actually do something.

The hard part of the problem is breaking it down like RonJohn said. When a functional request is stated in paragraph form it can be hard to follow. Break it into smaller functional pieces and it will make more sense. Once you get that first forkful down, eating the elephant doesn't seem like such a big deal.

Keith

Lifted,
I assume you are enrolled in a beginning level course? If so these questions look more like questions you will be able to answer easily by the end of the course and not questions that the Prof. expects you will be able to answer now.

I would say don't get too far ahead of yourself. Go to class and do your best to understand the concepts you will be shown in class. They will all build on each other and before you know it the path to answer these questions will appear before you. At that point start working on the logic and when you get stuck or need some advice post your code here and we can help you.

Good luck in your class.