Risks of "Remote Devices Via Linx Gateway"

ckaffer85

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All,

I am trying to gather information about the potential risks of using the "Remote Devices Via Linx Gateway" in RSLinx. I will potentially be going from the "cooperate layer" to the "manufacturing layer". The gateway itself does reside in the DMZ. Is there concerns using this type of driver?

Prost!
Chris

What are you calling the DMZ?

we use gateway switches (6) so far to connect DH+ to Ethernet so we can remote into the units or download the program when the plc dumps the program. It's happened several times in the last 5 years.

our plant network is separate from the management network.
if you are calling the corporate layer the DMZ, you need to get away from that quickly and keep the plant network separate.
the IT department will want to force rules on you and require all sorts of things that will make your life awlful.
Firewall rules will prevent your pc from running the software and connecting, your scada system will be slow, need I continue.

regards,
james

Last edited: