RSLOGIX 500 Demo

BigJon1023

I see varying answers so I figured I would pose the ? I have 1 AB 1400 I would like to see the programming on. Is there a way to demo AB software?

For a MicroLogix 1400? No.
There's a free version of Rs500, but it only supports a limited number of controllers not including the 1400s.

If you have the .rss file, I or someone would be happy to try to .pdf it for you.

We just bought RSLogix Micro Developer for a customer who only has Micrologix 1100 and 1400 controllers at his plant.

I believe we paid < $550 for it.

Sidenote: I had already installed RSLogix 500 on his machine thinking that I need only add the license once purchased. As it turned out, Micro Developer is an entirely different software package that looks and feels exactly like RSLogix 500, so I had to download Micro Developer to his machine, then during the installation, it required the uninstallation of RSLogix. Not a big deal really, just a little time consuming and surprising to me.