iFix PLC Handshaking?

abishur

In FactoryTalk I can set up an alarm to set a tag to 1 in the PLC when I acknowledge the alarm in the HMI. Conversely I can set the acknowledged bit in the HMI when the acknowledged bit in the PLC is set to one.

It's a nice feature that lets me synchronize alarm notification across multiple standalone terminals or between the overall HMI and a panelview.

Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this in iFix? So far the only way I've been able to think of is to have a global script that every time I add an alarm, I have to edit to handle the syncing. That's a lot of overhead for what should be a straight forward solution, so I was hoping someone here knew a better way.

Similar Topics

Hi team! I'm starting some iFIX application migrations and some of them are being developed with the high performance library. Some objects that...
Replies
Views
Hi I want to press a button on the HMI screen and write to a bit within an Integer within a control logix PLC. The iFix version is 5.5 and using...
Replies
Views
Hi there pals, i have a problem, i am working in a project with Ifix, i have to command some valves in a line from Chile to Argentina. The think...
Replies
Views
I was wondering if anyone knew a way to go about creating a heartbeat between a PLC and an iFix HMI screen so that you can see when the PLC is out...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I am trying to set PCL time and date from iFix VBA code and I don't even know where to start. Does anybody know the command or...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom