Help getting RSLOGIX 5570 emulator off the ground

ABnewb

I'm trying to set up a 5570 emulator so that I can write logic and test it without the actual hardware. However, I'm not able to go online with the emulator's processor.

I've attached a screen shot. I"ve added the Emulate 5570 controller in slot zero of my virtual backplane. I've also configured the virtual backplane driver in RSLOGIX. However, I can't connect to the 5570.

Am I missing something obvious?

deleteme.jpg

Last edited:
Your emulator processor is occupying slot 0.

The slot # must match with the processor you setup in rslogix emulate

Also i see you are using v29

Last I checked emulate 5k latest rev supported is v24 so you will need to run this fw version.

Every video I've seen referenced the chassis monitor that you referenced in your screenshot.

Although I have the professional edition, I can't seem to find that monitor anywhere. Is that a separate download? Maybe I don't even have the complete emulator?

Yes, "professional edition" is referring to Studio 5000 Logix Designer. Studio 5000 Logix Emulate is the name for the emulate package. It used to be called RSLogix Emulate 5000. Either way it is a separate software package that must be installed for you to use it.

OG