S7 - Fix for error "The project or library was changed using tools..."

uptown47

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

I recently had the following fault when opening a project in S7 - "Error (256:145) - The project or library was changed using tools of the Windows Explorer. The data for access protection has been modified to such an extent that it is no longer possible to open the project or library."

After scouring the internet I finally found the solution by tqaljar on this forum in another thread...

In your project folder there is folder called GLOBAL. Inside open file LANGUAGE

It says something like this:

English (United States)

You should change it to this:

And now you should be able to open project.

Please backup your original LANGUAGE file before you make any changes.

This worked a treat for me and, due to the amount of "solutions" that were misleading or plain wrong, I thought I would post it on here so that other people would find it (and also, I would be able to find it again in another 6 months when I've forgotten how to fix it!).