Pass/control bits to/from a webserver.

bobbysuavey

Hello!

I have a 1768-ENBT/A connected to a CompactLogix with a DC in and relay out card. I'm trying to hook this up in my garage (control the door, lights, etc.), and am wanting to be able to view the status of the bits and turn bits on and off via a web interface running on a webserver on the same local network. Basically I want a webpage with a button that says "GARAGE DOOR" that you can click, and have it turn on an output that opens the garage door.

I have some experience with PLC's, but any communication like this is new to me. I've looked at network traffic with Wireshark and have looked at the CIP messages, but can't make much sense of it. Basically I'm looking to see if this can be done at all, and if so, some direction to point me in.

Thanks for any help!

Hello,

Yes it can be done.
PeakHMI can accomplish the task.
You can try the demo and verify it all works for you.
Contact support if you need any help.