GE RX3i to Read from VersaMax Micro 64

hollenkyle

We have a PACSystems RX3i controller which is required to read several %M boolean from a VersaMax Micro 64 via an Ethernet module installed in Port 2 on the VersaMax. We have setup the COMMREQ read request and it doesn't show a faul but it doesn't appear to be working either.
Wondering if this is even possible? Or maybe we're just missing something in the BLKMOV and COMMREQ configuration.

I've attached some images that I hope will help, we're not the owner of the entire project just adding to the overall system.

Pardon my ignorance, I'm much more familiar with AB/Rockwell programming.

COMMREQ1.jpg COMMREQ2.jpg COMMREQ3.jpg COMMREQ4.jpg

I expect you have misinterpreted the addressing. In every place where you have had to specify memory type you have selected a value of 22. That means %M memory in bytes.
Your first selection at IN3 and IN4 of the first BLKMOV instruction specifies that the COMREQ status word will be %M3273 (409 bytes offset from the start of %M memory). The choice of 409 at IN4 along with a destination address of %R411 for the first BLKMOV instruction suggests to me that you really want the COMREQ status word to be at %R410. If that is the case, use a value of 8 at IN3 which specifies %R memory.
Your selection at IN6 and IN7 of the second BLKMOV instruction specifies that the data you receive from the remote PLC will be stored starting at %M2609 in the local PLC.
Your selection at IN1 and IN2 of the third BLKMOV instruction means that you want to read data starting at %M2609 in the remote PLC. The value of 22 at IN3 of the third BLKMOV instruction means you want to read 22 bytes of data, meaning that you want to read %M2609 - %M2784.
If you really mean to read 22 bits of %M memory starting at %M326, use a value of 76 for the memory type instead of 22.
The value of 5 at the SYSID node of the COMREQ instruction specifies rack zero, slot 5. Presumably you have an Ethernet module at that location since your TSAK value is zero.
I've noted many times in the past that configuring COMREQ instructions is not for the faint of heart.

Last edited:
I've noted many times in the past that configuring COMREQ instructions is not for the faint of heart.

That's for sure, one must be able to read AND understand instructions PLUS be able to follow them and at the same time know a little about bits, bytes and words. šŸ™ƒ
šŸ‘ØšŸ»ā€šŸ«

Very few make COMMREQ's operate on the first try so don't feel bad just never qive up, or as you (the OP) did, ask an expert. ;-)

Last edited: