SoMachine Basic High Speed Counter

MarCom-ic

Hello All,

We are running a project with a Schneider Electric M221 using an incremental encoder to measure speed of a piece of machinery. We have the program running correctly until the machine reaches full speed. At around 3/4 speed the math functions start registering incorrect data. For example if we go to move hsc0.v into mw0 when hsc0 has a value of 25 mw0 will return a random value, something like 7900 or 0 or -17365.

Does anyone here have any SoMachine Basix high speed counter experience? Or a sample SoMachine basic program that has a working encoder?

Thanks for any help, or ideas.

be sure to move all data, or stop counter while doing this, so please only one instruction to move the data.
be sure to check overflow.
a PLC is rather slow for high speed, so be sure your calcs are correct.

The READ_IMM instruction reads a function block parameter during the execution of a task and updates the input image during the same cycle.
This function is available only for certain function block parameters. The READ_IMM instruction reads directly from the HSC.V and HSC.P registers in High Speed Counter (%HSC) function blocks. For more details, refer to High Speed Counter (%HSC).