Ignition help?

bitmonkey

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Guys,
So we've got Ignition running on a server and we're using it as a maintenance call system. And there is a simple table that displays a time stamp of when each line called for maintenance, when maintenance arrived, and when maintenance was completed. Suddenly the log table stopped updating. So when I got to the Status tab on Ignition and look at Store & Forward I see the local cache is full, but I don't know how to fix it. This OPC/SQL/HMI/SCADA stuff is all Greek to me. Is there an easy way to fix this?

Ignition Problem.jpg

Thanks guys for trying to help. I agree that it's going to take someone more familiar with it than me to fix the problem. But just to answer your question, The database is connected, but one of my OPC is not. I have no idea where any of these modules reside. They're just going to have to wait for our IT guy to come back from vacay, or call the guy in who set this up. I just thought maybe there would be a simple way to "reset" it and get it going again.

Ignition Problem2.jpg

Go to configure/OPC connections/servers/ click more on the OPC that is faulted and select "discover endpoint" this will show you IP or hostname of PC it is running on. This is for 7.9 so menu may differ slightly