Panelview plus 7, add user in runtime

Tom44Tom

Hello, I am a fairly new integrator and have used this site to answer many questions that I have had and appreciate the help so far. I cannot find the answer to the issue I am having now.

I have added users and groups and setup runtime security for many projects and am comfortable with that. My client is wanting to add users in runtime/HMI, which I've seen the button many time so added the button Add User/Group in FactoryTalk view Studio (Objects > User Management), transferred the new runtime to my HMI and can add users, however when I log in using the new user it fails. I don't see a way to setup Runtime Security in the HMI.

I hope I am just missing something simple and appreciate your consideration and help.
Tom

None right now because I don't have the option to add any. I use the Add user/group button to add a new user. This user is not set up in Runtime Security so assign any security codes.
The manager wants to be able to add users themselves, they do not have access to factorytalk to get into Runtime Security.
How do we assign security codes and access Runtime Security from HMI? Is that possible?

So far (for anyone that may run across this in the future), it looks like I should be able to create the users in the HMI, and then associate that new user to an existing group since I cannot assign security codes in Runtime Security in the HMI.

So far (for anyone that may run across this in the future), it looks like I should be able to create the users in the HMI, and then associate that new user to an existing group since I cannot assign security codes in Runtime Security in the HMI.

I think that is the only way to do it during runtime.

Even if you could assign security codes at runtime, I would still use the groups.
It makes it a lot easier to add/remove users with the correct security codes (rights) for that project.