Users/login on factory talk machine edition.

XxLinkxX

Hi everyone,
Is their a way to create a login button with expressions for visibility?
I am running into an issue where when a certain user has privileges for different screens, i have to place a login button on that screen in case it times out.
Example:
Screen one has login button to get to screen two.
screen two has a button to go to screen 3
User times out on screen 3 and cant use the back button to get to screen two.

Whats the best way to resolve this without putting another log in button.
i was thinking if the user times out, a log in button will become visible over the back button. not sure if this is possible.

I thought there was an auto-logout feature that could send you to a specific screen.
Project Settings maybe.

You can use visibility animation on the button with the function CurrentUserCode(), but...

I think it's better to have an automatic logout take you to a login screen (or Main Screen for all users). If the user times out on a secured screen then it won't be left open for someone else to make changes on that screen (ie. left the HMI to get a coffee).

I thought there was an auto-logout feature that could send you to a specific screen.
Project Settings maybe.

You can use visibility animation on the button with the function CurrentUserCode(), but...

I think it's better to have an automatic logout take you to a login screen (or Main Screen for all users). If the user times out on a secured screen then it won't be left open for someone else to make changes on that screen (ie. left the HMI to get a coffee).

thanks, i think i like that idea better. I'll let you know if i find it.
Thanks again, much appreciated!

you were correct, it was under project settings. However when i configure this i get an error when i create a runtime application. Any reason why this would happen?

This is the error i get.
ERROR: Unsupported feature=Advanced Inactivity; Component type=Project Settings
Validation completed with errors. The runtime application has NOT been created.

What version of Studio are you using and what version Runtime are you creating. It appears that you might be using a feature that an older PanelView does not support.

OG

The advanced inactivity was only introduced in v8 if I remember rightly. If you're trying to create a runtime file for an earlier version of firmware, it won't support the advanced options.

You might try looking at login and logout macros within the user security section instead - they've been supported as long as I can remember. You can create a macro that basically just sends you to a certain screen, and then call that macro when each user logs out.

edit: too slow. Glad you got it working!

What version of Studio are you using and what version Runtime are you creating. It appears that you might be using a feature that an older PanelView does not support.

OG

Under project settings i actually went to inactivity tab, and changed settings from there. Which caused the error. The timeout was located on the run time.

The advanced inactivity was only introduced in v8 if I remember rightly. If you're trying to create a runtime file for an earlier version of firmware, it won't support the advanced options.

You might try looking at login and logout macros within the user security section instead - they've been supported as long as I can remember. You can create a macro that basically just sends you to a certain screen, and then call that macro when each user logs out.

edit: too slow. Glad you got it working!

Thanks for your help asf, Im really not to familiar with factory talk view me, as i am coming from using the components work bench which is so much easier.
But just to sum up for you guys, it was located in project settings> Run time> check box Enable auto log out>set time limit>Checkbox return to display on log out>screen you want time out to go to.