CompactLogix

jc2012

Could not see anything through Ethernet in RsLinx except ENBT card. After I pulled out the Flash Card, could see all. Put card back in, can still see all. Why?:confused:

The reason I want to know is because and outside support vendor still cannot see the Backplane even though I now can.

Frequently the ability to "browse the backplane" has to do with the presence of Electronic Data Sheet (EDS) files in RSLinx Classic for the backplane objects. CompactLogix has been a fast-developing platform and it's relatively easy to end up with software that doesn't recognize new hardware. Fortunately it's easy to download and install EDS files.

But my guess is that removing the memory card didn't actually change anything in firmware or software, but rather physically jostled the controller assembly enough to temporarily fix a damaged pin or cable in the backplane.

What model of CompactLogix is it ? Is this a new installation or one that's been running for a while ?

I have also seen it may take a few scans before you end up with the red X, good chance that its temporary and once you try and communicate it will go away again

It is a 1768-L45. I had thought the same thing with the EDS but had already checked. Also, we have 14 different 1768-L45 in here, all in a different cabinet. This was the 1st time I looked at the system on out Ethernet, I could see all but two. The same thing worked on the 2nd cabinet....could only see the Ethernet card, then pulled Flash card, could then see backplane, reinserted card, can still see backplane.

Perhaps there is a connections limit you are approaching. Cannot remember if the flash card is a connection or not. Since you are connected, can you try the logix 5000 task monitor tool? Check for anything out of the ordinary, particularly connection count.