GE Fanuc 90-30 cpu 372

whairston

I am troubleshooting this model of PLC. I have managed to clear the fault tables and get it back into RUN mode but now the lights for the CPU and genius bus control are all flashing synchronously. The only steady light is the LAN on the CPU.
What could possibly be the problem, if there is a problem?

Please be more specific about which LEDs on which modules are blinking. There are LEDs on the CPU, the power supply module and the Genius Bus Controller module.

Simultaneous blinking of both LEDs on a Genius Bus Controller indicates multiple blocks with the same bus address.

What Faults are or were in the Fault Table .. That should be an indication where the problem lays.

Fanuc 90-30 CPU 372

The lights that are blinking are the "ok" and "Stat" lights the LAN light is steady. Both of the lights of the Genius bus control is flashing.
They are not flashing simultaneously but intermittently.

Chapter 11 of the manual GFK-2382 describes the LEDs on the CPU module and how to interpret what they are trying to tell you. EOK and STAT blinking probably means the Ethernet interface doesn't have an IP address.
Alternate blinking of the two LEDs on the Genius Bus Controller module indicates the presence of a Genius fault or a forced .
I interpret "intermittent" blinking as random with no pattern. That suggests a power or wiring problem.

Last edited: