Win2000 + USB Disk

I have a problem on a PC with Win2000, because I haven't a Floppy on front pannel I use a PenDrive (USB Disk), but when the operator write on PenDrive and extract it from connector without disconnet the drive on penDrive there isn't a file inside, because there is a cache on drive.

Someone know how to exclude the cache on USB Disk, this problem appear only with Win2000 , Win98 - WinXp are OK.

Thanks

I have also tried using a small USB drive with a Windows 2000 laptop. It works very well for transfering files.

When you connect the USB drive to your computer, you should see a small icon on the lower right side of the taskbar. If you click on it, it will allow you to close the USB device before unplugging it.

luca I realize you are from Italy and your English is not so good...trust me its way better than my Italian will ever be.. I get past porta bobinero I am lost.

I am fairly adept with computers but got lost with your post..I think I got that you dont have a floppy drive but use a Pen drive...which is USB. The problem I think is that you cant find a file on the PEN drive after putting it there...am I correct? This works fine in all but WIN2K?

Kim Gold said:
I have also tried using a small USB drive with a Windows 2000 laptop. It works very well for transfering files.

When you connect the USB drive to your computer, you should see a small icon on the lower right side of the taskbar. If you click on it, it will allow you to close the USB device before unplugging it.

If I click on small icon and I close the USB device is all OK, but this PC is used by different people, is used for a machine interface, and the operators don't know, or they doesn't want to use this procedure (I don't know well what they do, this machine is in Cina), and they complain about this problem and they accuse the software to be wrong, but I know there is a normal function for Win2000 but they won't undestand the problem.
Please help me to find a solution.

Regards

Last edited: