Eb8000

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have used the Numeric display once before on a MT8070iH and used a 16 bit unsigned integer
N7 then added the decimal point in the Numeric Object Properties Box
My question is if I use a float F8 Would the decimal point place itself.
My display data goes from 1-102 but has the possibility of having up to 3 digits after the decimal. Would I select 6 digits to the right and 0 to the left
I dont have a screen handy to test. Thanks

when using a float, each party knows exactly where the decimal place is.

For the format 999.999 (equivalent of 999 + 999/1000) you choose 3 left of decimal and 3 right of decimal.

make sure you choose 32 bit float as the data type.

Thank you for the quick responce, I had forgot about the 32 bit.
Question if I set up as 3 digits left and only 2 right will it drop the least significant bit.
(I don't really need 3 digits after decimal)