magelis hmi xbtgt1105

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
Customer has a failing HMI: Schneider Magelis XBT GT 1105

I want to replace it with a Red Lion G304K2.

Customer believes that the HMI is still working, but the display is mounted outdoors and exposed to sunlight and is no longer readable. It looks black to me.

Of course I plan to put a door over any replacement unit I install to prevent this problem in the future.

The operator of the water plant does not know enough about what the screen displays to be much help trying to recreate them without trying to retrieve what is already there.

My googling has led me to Vijeo Designer and it appears the Lite version does not support "communication with a terminal".

Is that the software I need to attempt to upload the application from the old unit?

Also, what is the approximate cost of this software?

Any other pointers are also appreciated.

Paul

Here it's a nominal charge of about 40 NZD i think for a copy.

Whether you can pull a copy off depends on what the original designer downloaded.

I haven't done a lot of work with other people's HMIs so I'm not sure what issues you get with old firmware vs. New Vijeo Designer. Worth a try for 40 bucks!

You will need vijeo designer. Dont have pricing on hand.
If it was configured for uploading and no passwords you will be able to upload. Very few people i have seen configure the upload.
If all goes well you might get one more problem. Which is the version. Anything above version 4.6 no problem. Anything below that you will need to have a software version 4.6 to open the program.

When you install a replacement look into the Smith and Loveless Shade aide.
Almost all of the HIM screens will be killed by outdoor use and we have found thes to be helpful.

http://smithandloveless.com/products/controls-accessories/shade-aide-hmi-protector

Sometimes you can separate the front part of the Magellis and take a new unit and replace the screen with a lot less trouble than reprogramming the old unit.

If the program was stored to enable down load you are good to go, if not you need the Vijeo Designer file.
Ant you will need the program and the program needs to be of the same version or Schneider will have to upgrade it for you from an older version to a new version.

Often you need to go the original programmer/source for the file.
I am in the same wastewater / water business and this is a pretty common problem made better with the S&L Shade Aide.
If you can get the program loaded on a USB stick for you it can be uploaded into the new Magellis from that.
Often the program cannot be downloaded from the panel.
Version changes are a PITA as well.

I appreciate all of your replies. Looking at the PLC code, I am pretty sure I can create something from scratch if necessary for a Red Lion HMI. We will pursue getting the OEM application if possible for best results with least amount of work.

Thanks for the link to the Shade aide. I was leaning more toward a Fibox HMI cover like this:
http://fiboxusa.com/general-enclosure-accessories/hmi-cover/

But that will require the operator to actually close the darn thing to be effective.

the backlights on the magelis will probably burn out every 5 years if they are on all the time.

we have deployed dozens of them and I have no idea how to put the project in to the HMI so we can upload it back out. I think there is never enough space in the model we get.

the backlights on the magelis will probably burn out every 5 years if they are on all the time.

we have deployed dozens of them and I have no idea how to put the project in to the HMI so we can upload it back out. I think there is never enough space in the model we get.
Yes normally if you want to have the upload option and load the project on the hmi you have to have secondary memory. a Cf or usb pen