Rockwell FREE software for MicroLogix 1000

rayl

I have the FREE stuff from Rockwell Software (RS) which is supposed to allow you to do some beginning level PLC development using the RSLogix Micro Starter Lite, RSLinx Classic and RSLogix Emulate 500.
I am using a laptop with Windows 10.
I can't get RSLogix Micro (the development environment) to launch without giving me an error dialog box (Server Busy) with choices of "Switch To" and "Retry", neither of which do any good!
I'm wondering if anyone has this stuff working on Windows 10 OR does everyone use an older version of Windows like XP or 7?
Ray

Hi and welcome to the Forum,
From what I can see from the AB Website RSLogix 500 V10 is only compatible up to Windows 8.1. I use Windows 7 Pro with no issues. You might want to use a VM with Win 7 and install it on that.

Hi and welcome to the Forum,
From what I can see from the AB Website RSLogix 500 V10 is only compatible up to Windows 8.1. I use Windows 7 Pro with no issues. You might want to use a VM with Win 7 and install it on that.
I am glad to report that all is well. I have the 3 products running with good results.
When I say "good results" -- let me clarify that!
I still get the "Server Busy" message dialog upon launching RSLogix Micro Starter Lite -- but, if I do nothing for about 2 minutes and then click on the retry button -- it works!
I got the idea for that approach from another person who posted that little tip in response to someone who was complaining about the same problem.
So, it does work with Windows 10.

Hello Mickey,

thanks for the link. The third link for RS Emulate just directs me to the website. Is the Emulate 500 not available anymore? Can't find the download.

thanks!

Last edited:
I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit OS with RSLogix 500 (v9.05.01, have not tried 10 yet), RSLogix 5000 (v15 up to v26 installed, only have trouble with v21 not being stable as of yet) and RSLinx Classic (had to downgrade from 3.80.00 to 3.71.00 for aesthetic reasons only, see http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=106576). You could try running your software in Windows 7 compatibility mode. That might improve performance. It helped with a couple of versions of RSL5000 for me.

I can't get RSLogix Micro (the development environment) to launch without giving me an error dialog box (Server Busy) with choices of "Switch To" and "Retry", neither of which do any good!
Ray
I have the same from time to time, on computer with no Rockwell software at all. I suspect it is antivirus related.
After choosing "Switch To" and closing the following window, everything operates as before.

sorry, it was late at night and I was trying to be funny.

post-14251-Eddie-Murphy-I-see-what-you-di-PAQX.jpeg