Accessing IO modules using Vijeo Citect V7.0

sarojj7

This is first time with PLC's & related software.
I am using,
H/W: modicon 340(P342020) as processor, DDI 6402K as input module,DDO 6402K as o/p module.

S/W: Unity Pro M V7, Vijeo Citect V7.4.

Communication: Modnet30 protocol via ethernet port.

Now I take two inputs from two switches(%I0.1.0 & %I0.1.1) logically AND it in Unity Pro and give an output to a Bulb(%Q0.2.0),its working fine.

I want to display the status the input switches and output in a graphic page in vijeo citect but I am unable to do it.

Problem is %I0.1.0 & %I0.1.1 & %Q0.2.0 is not identified by citect and I do not where the data from IO modules are stored in processor(memory locations), therefore I not able to access those.

One interesting thing is I am able to write to %M100 location using citect and I am using this enable my AND logic in Unity Pro.

I have tried many different addresses in variable tag for accessing data coming from IO modules, but its not working.

I am stuck at this juncture for over 10 days now.

Kindly help,I am ready to give any more info needed.

Thanks in advance.

This is first time with PLC's & related software.
I am using,
H/W: modicon 340(P342020) as processor, DDI 6402K as input module,DDO 6402K as o/p module.

S/W: Unity Pro M V7, Vijeo Citect V7.4.

Communication: Modnet30 protocol via ethernet port.

Now I take two inputs from two switches(%I0.1.0 & %I0.1.1) logically AND it in Unity Pro and give an output to a Bulb(%Q0.2.0),its working fine.

I want to display the status the input switches and output in a graphic page in vijeo citect but I am unable to do it.

Problem is %I0.1.0 & %I0.1.1 & %Q0.2.0 is not identified by citect and I do not where the data from IO modules are stored in processor(memory locations), therefore I not able to access those.

One interesting thing is I am able to write to %M100 location using citect and I am using this enable my AND logic in Unity Pro.

I have tried many different addresses in variable tag for accessing data coming from IO modules, but its not working.

I am stuck at this juncture for over 10 days now.

Kindly help,I am ready to give any more info needed.

Thanks in advance.

You can't read/write to physical I/O from Citect (and neither would you want to) you need to map your physical I/O to internal %MW in the PLC so Citect can read them.

Do a search, its been covered before.

Write the %i0.1.0 digital input in the plc to a %M bit. You can read those bits from Vijeo citect.
Attached is 2 pictures showing ladder and function block diagram.
Have a look on youtube. There is a lot of tutorials showing you these basic functions.

Also give symbol names to your addresses

Ladder.JPG fbd.JPG

{DATE,20}{TIME,20}{EQUIPMENT_ID,20}{ALARM_NAME,80}{USER_ID,100}{ACK_DATE_AND_TIME,50}{ACK_STATUS,10}{COMMENT,10}

Hello,

I have configure some digital alarm and thats alarm i have to Log in SQL using cicode but when i am trying to this this it cant work please can any one help me for the cicode for alarm log in SQL.
in the SQL table i want
{LogDate}{LogTime}{EqId}{AlarmName}{AckDate}{AckTime}{Comment}

in which EqId is my plc name in string whatever i will deside.

please give me a sample of the cicode for this

regards,
Chetan Patil
+91 9637138565

Why are you hijacking this thread? You already posted this in a thread. Just be patient until someone can help you