CompactLogix V27 PID Autotune not working

AustralIan

When I tried to use the autotune feature, my CompactLogix complained that the input was not stable enough prior to the step change. I had to tune the valve manually, which was fine for me, but not our regular commissioning technicians. It was a steam valve to a heat exchanger, and the PV was a hot air PT100. PID on a 1000ms periodic task. PID oscilating by a degree (+0.5°) every 30seconds.

Any tips on auto-tuning in a compactLogix? I don't want to go to site every time, but don't want to have a seperate PID loop controller in the cabinet, where the autotune works fine.

Similar Topics

Hi everyone, i have a compact logic 1769-L18 PLC and I'm using FTalk View ME for the display. I wanted to do some visualization on Grafana. At...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know what the data transfer rate for this series of CompactLogix PLC's? 1769-L24ER-QB1B to be exact. Cheers.
Replies
Views
Does this instruction calculate values during a single scan, or does it require number of scans based on element count in the array? For Example...
Replies
Views
Hello all, and thank you in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide! This is my first post, so if I need to reformat or change...
Replies
Views
We are trying to poll data coming from a PLC for remote monitoring we have the IP address of the PLC and the default port number and the path is...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom