Giddings & Lewis Pic900 Serial Comms to HMI

chaddy77

Hi,
I have an old Giddings & Lewis Pic900 Turbo PLC system with a serial card connected to a GE (cincinnati electronics) (Greyline) 3415 using Series Two comms protocol.

I'm looking to replace the HMI with something, either an HMI or SCADA system depending if a comms driver is available.

I may have to create a simple driver using a SCADA system with serial comms just wondered if somebody has done this before, or better still has the Series Two protocol details??

I've had a serial comms Analyzer running and can see the ASCII commands i think being passed both ways???

Has anybody used a modern day device on the back of an Giddings & Lewis PLC?

any info would be great

thanks folks

I would look to replace this obsolete PLC. If you have the program documentation, then it should be easy to convert to newer hardware.
HMI and SCADA systems would then be available.

Regards,