FTView ME (8.2) Alarms stop working after a few days

phuz

We recently installed a PanelView Plus 7 Enhanced for a customer, running 8.2. It was an upgrade from a 1400e. Alarming was done through bit triggers with several INTs defined as the triggers (B30[0] through B30[5]). After a couple days, only one alarm would show up in the banner and summary, and it was the 16th alarm in the fourth trigger INT (B30[3].15). I ran the runtime file on my laptop and I forced some alarms in the program, and each one triggered on my laptop runtime. I re-downloaded the mer to the PanelView and voila, they started working again. Having never seen behavior like this, I'm assuming a bug in the firmware.

Could be a f/w bug.
What messages are in the diagnostics log? Increase the log to max size, enable all messages, navigate through every display screen, then check the log.

As standard practice, I always create a new project and import XML files when doing conversions.
Ex. Import the 1400e project into FTView Studio, then export the graphics & alarms to XML, export the tags to CSV.
Create a new project and import the files from above.

Yes, that adds more work and you will need to manually recreate some things. But I have seen it clear up random, unexplained errors with migrations.

Diagnostics log was fine.

I did end up re-creating the alarms from scratch. I have done several applications using the bit method of triggers and none have displayed a behavior like this. I submitted something to RA, as well, so we will see if there is any feedback.

I'm having a similar issue with a PVPlus 7 performance FTView ME 8.2 but with trends, they stop working after a few days. If I rename the data log, create a new runtime they work but soon stop again.

Start a ticket with RA like I did. They told me this is the first they've heard but to keep monitoring it and if it happens again, they will escalate it internally.