Remove protection of FC

twilight01

Hello,
I have a function block which is protected like shown here:
I have tried several options like change password from 3 to 0 and used the program sprot but it lookes like a different protection.
Can anyone help me?

Capture.JPG

Hello,
I have tried several options like change password from 3 to 0 and used the program sprot but it lookes like a different protection.
Can anyone help me?

1) I don't believe this this forum permits the discussion of removing copy protection

2) I don't believe its even possible to remove for the protection of encrypted blocks in Simatic Manager.

Hello,
Can anyone help me?

This is a library from my company which someone programmed who is now no longer employed here. He also removed the source files. So this is my last resort or i need to make another two weeks work again.

So MK42, be aware what you post and don't have an opinion about something at forehand.

It's not an opinion and MK42 didn't judge you. It doesn't matter why someone wants or needs copy protection removed, it just isn't discussed here. I am familiar with the situation you're in and I sympathize but the real problem here is a personnel and management issue it seems. Perhaps setting up some mechanism for the future that would prevent one person deleting some source code causing 2 weeks of rework should be looked in to.

twilight01, if you can tell us how we can reliably differentiate between legitimate and illegitimate requests to bypass copy protection, we'll stop the challenges. Until that day, we'll continue the current forum policy.

Not only this, but even if the request is 100% legitimate and can be proven as such, this is a public forum and the next guy reading it may be looking to use the information for illegitimate purposes.

twilight01,

Since the program was written by an employee of the company, it is company property.

Is there a backup of computer files anywhere you can search?

Go to management and explain to them what the former employee did and what you must do to fix the problem.
They can take legal matters up with that person and if they pursue it, he won't
like it very much. It's called industrial espionage, theft of company intellectual property and a several other charges can be added.

Several companies I work for take these things very seriously and will go after anyone who violates their company security.

regards,
james

janner_10,

True, but that does not excuse him for his actions.

That's why passwords are not allowed here and we have master copies that
can only be accessed by the IT department. we have an automatic backup routine and comparison utility that alerts us to any changes.

regards,
james

the answer is simple.
go to www.oscat.de
download the basic library for your machine, it has an enthalpy function in.
if you want it, please send a email and i will give you the file via wetransfer.
or i can bring it along as i am only 20 km from you.

and i can also bring all twilight cd/dvd too.

the answer is simple.
go to www.oscat.de
download the basic library for your machine, it has an enthalpy function in.
if you want it, please send a email and i will give you the file via wetransfer.
or i can bring it along as i am only 20 km from you.

and i can also bring all twilight cd/dvd too.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: