s7 help please

stu

Hi guys I haven't used s7 for a very long time and I think I've forgot aload of bits ,
I have a s7-300 cpu on a machine which I can connect to via mpi connection but the issue i have is the program I have is an older version when I try to open FC2 it tells me there is a change the online and offline program doesn't match ? If I compare do I click the update button to get the new info in the fc2 ? I know that the there was a change adding 2 outputs?but know one backed up ?
Also we used to connect via Ethernet but the OEM changed the up to connect via a dial in, I know the ip addresses now ,do I just change the ip address in the Ethernet offline program? Thanks stu

Whenever I connect using Step 7 I do a compare to make sure my offline copy matches. If there is a mismatch, I go online with the processor of the offending FC or FB. If everything looks okay I copy (upload) to my offline.

This is how I would do this:

In the Simatic Manager, right click on FC2 and select compare blocks.
Select to compare code, and not only the timestamps. Click compare.

If there is a difference, use the go/jump to button.

Then the on-/offline blocks are opened in a side by side view. On the left side your offline block, on the right side the online block (see window header).
The detail window shows you which network contains differences.

If the online block has an additional network for example, I copy only the single network from right to left at the correct position. So your offline comments won't get lost completely.
With this procedure I update all changes from right to left, until there are no differences.

Then close online view, and try to go online with the fixed offline block. If you can go online, then I upload the block, so the next compare won't show any timestamp differences.

Ditto to Thomas_V2's description.

I would investigate the code differences and decide if the offline or the online version is the one that should be kept. So if it is the offline version that is the better version you would have to copy from "left" to "right".

Dont delete anything or blindly copy-paste from offline to online or vice-versa until you are certain you know what the differences are and why they are there.