PLC Triggered Auxillary Alarm with Recorded Message

dkenin

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with an alarm with that you could customize a message on that can be triggered by a PLC or relay? I really looking for something along the lines of a loud speaker. We have a CO2 alarm and Fire alarm that are triggered by different signals, but we would like to discern the alarms.

Thanks in advance for your help.

David

I bet you could rig something up like this pretty easily with an autodialer, like the ones Verbatim makes. I remember there being a standard 1/8" jack in at least some of the models for local annunciation. You record your own messages on it.

I purchased something like that from here.

http://www.signalguys.com/c/Audible_Recordable_Tone_Message.html

But left the company before it arrived so never got to play with it.

Another thought would be just to use a bell or sounder and break the signal up via a small logic controller to differentiate between them. Just like we do on board ship.

For instance, we use the same bells and sounders for all alarms but make them unique like this:

General Alarm Fire/Flooding = Constant ringing of alarm
Man overboard = 3 long (with a break between) repeated 3 times
Abandon Ship = 7 short and 1 long, repeated 3 times.

BCS