One Rack, One EN2T, Two PLCs, Two I/O Networks

kamenges

I have an Allen-Bradley ControlLogix system that will be controlling two closely related section of a process. Each section will be controlled by a separate plc and will have it's own Point I/O network. Both PLCs will reside in the same rack.

For the moment we will discount possible issues like too many connections or not enough physical bandwidth and limit ourselves to simply "is it possible". Can both plcs use a single 1756-EN2T to control the Point I/O network associated to that plc? I'm not trying to have both plcs control the same I/O devices. I want to use one bridge for both plcs.

Keith

Last edited:
Yes.

Once the controller projects have the I/O added and the controllers are in Run mode, ownership and control of the I/O is established, regardless of path taken to I/O. A small point: the I/O would share the same network, but the previous still applies.

Last edited:
Setting aside the bandwidth and connection resources, yes, you can have a 1756-EN2T module act as the network bridge for multiple ControlLogix CPUs in the same chassis.