Question about Setting the Clock on Red Lion HMI

gbradley

Lifetime Supporting Member
I understand how to connect to the HMI, and Send the current Time and date from the Laptop to the HMI using Crimson 3.0
attachment.php

When I power down the Unit, and Re-start the HMI, the Time comes back as 12:00 A.M.
Do I need to use a First Pass in the PLC to Reset the time on the clock?
Do I use the GetNow() function?
Is there a First Pass in the HMI?
Red Lion HMI G304K2
PLC: Micrologix 1400 1766-L32AWAA

Last edited:
I guess the first question is: does the G304K2 have an onboard real-time clock ? Typically those are backed up by a coin cell; is there a place to install one ?

I've used a few G304K2's but never the clock feature.

I guess the first question is: does the G304K2 have an onboard real-time clock ? Typically those are backed up by a coin cell; is there a place to install one ?

I've used a few G304K2's but never the clock feature.
I don't think the HMI has a RTC, No Coin battery.

The user manual says nothing about a battery either; but their other HMIs do mention a battery.
I've used them in the past too, but never bothered with the clock.