unable to save rslinx enterprise data server information

LessThanThree

I'm trying to create a factorytalk 7.0 .mer file in factorytalk ME. As of a few weeks ago this worked fine on my computer and I'm not sure what was changed.

About 2/3 of the way through the completion I get the following error:
"unable to save rslinx enterprise data server information"
FactoryTalk asks if I want to continue and if so will then show a validation error and say the project was not created.

If I try to compile to runtime 6.1 and it works.

I can also create a completely new project with no communication setup and can compile to 7.0. I could delete all the shortcuts and map them directly to the PLC but this is a lot of effort and only treating the symptoms.

Following some other posts I've tried deleting the RSLinx Enterprise Communication setup and recreating it. I tried deleting and recreating the shortcuts and the communication server in the project. So far no luck.