Proficy ME 7 Import

kjmc

Hello,

2 parts:

I have revisited moving from Versapro to ME as I can't get a good logic printout from versapro, all I want is a searchable version of the logic in a PDF form, it seems I have to make a custom paper size of 72inches by 36 inches with fonts set to the their lowest. Even then the MAIN call ladders don't seem to obey any system font.

So I figured Id get on moving the project into Proficy ME 7. Its a 90-30 CPU, on first pass there is a bunch of variable warnings about unsupported characters as the author used dashes etc but it appears to pass through and rewrite them to the suggested values, if I recall it just swapped a - for a _. Then it appears to finish but I get an import failure message with a text box referring me to feedback zone for some more non detailed information about the failure,

After I first import, I try again, and it appears to have already corrected the variable character issue as it doesn't show warnings anymore, I just get :

Importing Project XYZ...
Importing Hardware Configuration...
Importing Folder File...
Importing Smart Store...
Importing Variable File...
Import Failure

Then that's it, no errors or "detailed information" to lead me where to look. There are files with underscores in the name, is that somehow tripping it up?

Any ideas? Id prefer to just get it over to ME for browsing at least as hopefully the UI is better.

What is your ultimate goal?
It looks like the import failure was in the variables. You could try exporting the VersaPro variables to Excel, correcting the unsupported characters there and then importing the corrected spreadsheet back into VP. Once you've done that, try importing the VP project into PME.

Ultimate goal is to be able to print out a legible copy of the ladder but VP is finicky. I can see it all fine on my screen but the print out will or wont show text for ladder elements. best view I get is on 72" wide paper but even then the CALL blocks don't come out right.

If you can post the VP backup maybe someone else can try importing however PME 9.0 is the current version, can you update?