Autonomous car using PLC

Dear all,,

we are trying to make an autonomous steering vehicle without human driver for farm fields...anybody help us...how we can control the steering of the vehicle..help us please

Easy and hard part

Easy part: rigging up a stepper motor to the steering wheel or hacking together a valve control to do that.

Hard part: developing the software.

Easy part: rigging up a stepper motor to the steering wheel or hacking together a valve control to do that.

Hard part: developing the software.

Saw a concept at the county fair. Each drive tire had its own motor. No transmission. Adjusting the speed/direction adjusted the turn. It would be more complex with a 4-wheel drive system.

Agree that the software end is going to be the more difficult part.

You may want to consider taking this to the robotics forums floating around on the interwebs.

Saw a concept at the county fair. Each drive tire had its own motor. No transmission. Adjusting the speed/direction adjusted the turn. It would be more complex with a 4-wheel drive system.

Agree that the software end is going to be the more difficult part.

You may want to consider taking this to the robotics forums floating around on the interwebs.

Very cool! My only concern would be if it failed it would take longer to rig it up to run manually?

Please don’t take this the wrong way but you should be looking to contract with a company that is well versed in PLC’s and automation. What you are asking is not a simple task but rather a very complicated one and isn’t just a matter of controlling the steering of a car. Making a vehicle autonomous involves providing a means of the vehicle knowing where it is, what is around it and where it needs to go. The sensors for all of that need to be very sensitive and very precise. The programming in the PLC/PAC will be very complicated and quite extensive which will require someone who is very skilled in programming (and probably math). What you are asking is no small task and certainly not something you can come up with having a few questions answered on a blog site.

I developed an autonomous vehicle about 12 years ago. Actually converted a standard SUV. There was a lot that went into it. I mean a lot. It is a rather advanced topic, and there are many different ways to approach it.