Virual Machines

Logix_Stef

Hi everyone,

I have been reading some threads in this forum about VMs, I gather this is a piece of software which allows you to install another operating system on a computer without partitioning the hard drive. I am now in need to run MSDOS and a program called Parker XWare 5.1. What VM software would be suitable?
I never got involved in this sort of thing at all. I have managed to run some old MSDOS programs in an emulation program called DOSBox, with some success (runs the old SLC100 and Melsec software very well) but XWare can't communicate with the controller. What VM software can you guys recomment?

Thanks.

VMware Fusion works great on Macs to run a Windows/DOS environment. I also have not tried anything earlier than Win 98, but I would assume that DOS 6.22 would work just the same. Good luck