FactoryTalk SE: Create User at Runtime

NikkoSuave

Hey everybody,

I am using Factory Talk SE Local Station on a project right now. I am curious if it is possible to create users at runtime on the client. It does not seem that there is a command for this, but maybe this could be done in a macro that is run on release of a button?

My end result is that I want Users that belong to a certain group to be able to create new users, change existing user passwords, and maybe possibly delete users.

Has anyone ever done this? Thanks

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=52929

The above thread should explain the answer. It does not appear that this can be done.
What about just having different numbers for operators?

Regards,
Thank you for the reply.

What do you mean by a different number of operators?

I was hoping there maybe a file that the Users and Groups in factory talk are stored in some format where I could add additional entries.

I've been looking around for a while and no forums online seem or the manuals seem to talk about what I am asking. I'm beginning to think it is impossible.

What I was thinking of was creating several generic users in the program. G1A to G1Z, G2A to G2Z, etc.
Have all of these users already programmed in the system.

Its a request for the project that users in an engineering group be able to create new users. And Users cannot share user accounts. I do not know how many user accounts are possible for this system.