Red Lion bit manipulation question...

Brian@HCI

Ok Red Lion guru's.......

I have to make sure I can grab data in 3 separate 16-bit tags and assemble only the USABLE data in each one of these into a SINGLE 16-bit word variable that is a composite of the 3 original tags.

Do I use a Gateway Block to "map" the individual variable bits to the bit locations I want them to occupy? How does one do this?

Any suggestions experts?

Brian

If I understand what you're wanting to do correctly I'd use Complex code within a tag to and/or/mask/multiply/add to extract the data and put it in a single destination.

Good luck,

Yosi

Thank you sir.

The tech support said the same thing. They said create a holding variable - and concatenate the other 3 variables into that variable by bit shifting them to the correct positions and then send this new variable to the register it needs to be in to send the data

Brian