Contrologix low battery detection

SF2004

S
How do I detect low battery for the contrologix platform. I read about retrieving an error code from the minor alarms using the GSV instruction but what if there are muliple minor alarms? Would this error code change in value all the time?
Thanks in advance for the help.

Use GSV, Class FAULTLOG, Atribute MinorFaultBits, and store in a DINT.

Bit 10 is the battery status, so you can just examine CPU_MinorFaultBits.10 to check battery status (well, if you named your DINT CPU_MinorFaultBits, that is).

For the record, the battery that comes with the controller is essentially useless. Do youself (and your customer) a favor, and get the 1756-BATM module instead.

Similar Topics

I'm stumped, yet again. Call from operator saying they are seeing alarms, turns out to be all HMI com alarm to the PLC. Connected up to the PLC...
Replies
Views
Can someone tell me if this math function is correct to totalize analog flow in a 30 Milsec peridoc task...
Replies
Views
Anyone else experience problems with slow online edits using Contrologix? I checked Rockwell's knowledge database regarding slow online edits...
Replies
Views
We have an L61 Contrologix processor communicating with a PLC5 remote rack via a DHRIO card. The remote rack has some 1771-IFE analog cards taking...
Replies
Views
Can anyone confirm that using contrologix 5580 controller is not possible to work with powerflex 527? It's been a couple of days now that i am...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom