VFD Drive Cable Recommendations

ds7891

**Not vfd cable. I'm looking for Multiconductor cable. I typed the wrong title.***

Hey guys, looking for a manufacture & vendor of a "cheap" Multiconductor cable. Here are my requirements:

600v
Tray Rated
3 cond w/ground
Higher strand count - D through K class
Looking for something with a thinner jacket. With a minimum OD.

I've priced some 2AWG and I about fell of my chair. So to keep the vendor in line, I am looking to compare what you guys use. I love the Olflex-Lapp brand, but it just cost to much. I'm not using it in harsh environments or outdoor so I don't need hundreds of classifications.

Last edited:
Yes, I completely mis-titled the post.

"TC rated Multiconductor search"

Maybe a mod can change it. Had another thought on my mind.

"Cheap" and "VFD" cable don't go together. We use Belden or Southwire cable depending on the supplier and I know they both run into the the several dollars/foot price when you get up to the #2 size. I'm guessing at least $8-10/ft.

Hey guys, looking for a manufacture & vendor of a "cheap" Multiconductor cable. Here are my requirements:

600v
Tray Rated
3 cond w/ground
Higher strand count - D through K class
Looking for something with a thinner jacket. With a minimum OD.

I've priced some 2AWG and I about fell of my chair. So to keep the vendor in line, I am looking to compare what you guys use. I love the Olflex-Lapp brand, but it just cost to much. I'm not using it in harsh environments or outdoor so I don't need hundreds of classifications.

Was using nothing but LAPP at the last company I was with and loved the stuff.
Talked directly with LAPP USA and set up special pricing with a local distributor. Their TRAY II cable is very good stuff, and we were buying it comparable or a little cheaper price than the rest of what is out there.
Lapp has warehousing in New Jersey and Las Vegas now so they are a bit more competitive on their pricing and have much better availability on their cable than they did in the past when it had to come from Germany.

Using Monroe Mill-Spec stuff at this new company and HATE IT.

What state are you in?

BCS

Was using nothing but LAPP at the last company I was with and loved the stuff.
Talked directly with LAPP USA and set up special pricing with a local distributor. Their TRAY II cable is very good stuff, and we were buying it comparable or a little cheaper price than the rest of what is out there.
Lapp has warehousing in New Jersey and Las Vegas now so they are a bit more competitive on their pricing and have much better availability on their cable than they did in the past when it had to come from Germany.

Using Monroe Mill-Spec stuff at this new company and HATE IT.

What state are you in?

BCS

Live in PA. How much were you buying to get special pricing??