How do I use a FB in Structured Text on Omron

theColonel26

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've wrapped a Function Block around a OneShot/R_TRIG and I want to use it in structured text.

I have an Input bool called In and a Output called Out. My FB instance is called OneShot1.

However I am getting these errors
  • unexpected syntax for the '.'
  • Undefined identifier 'Out'

Code:
OneShot1(In:=Running);
If OneShot1.Out = true Then

END_IF;

The FB Logic
attachment.php

ST using the FB
attachment.php

SB-BEN 2016-12-15 - 09-04-54-001.png SB-BEN 2016-12-15 - 09-06-51-001.png

https://echannel.omron247.com/marcom%5Cpdfcatal.nsf/PDFLookupByUniqueID/AE0D88A3A45ED8DE862575A700707901/$File/CX_programmer_V8.1_manual_en_200902.pdf?OpenElement

Check out the following SECTION 3 - Creating Function Blocks
You should have a variable table as well.

Hope this helps you out.
Regards,

Yes I have already declare an instance of FB OneShot as OneShot1.

It appear after deciphering this terrible documentation that you have to put an output variable in your call. You can't access the instances output varaible directly.

Way to follow standards omron.

Code:
OneShot1(In:= Running, Out=> OS_Out);