Inexpensive alternative to AB

Aaron_NC

I was hunting an inexpensive alternative to the AB 1769-L30ER I have.

We use a product that needs multiple E/IP connections. The CompactLogix allow you to have 4,8,16 nodes of E/IP depending on which model you purchase but the more nodes you require the more your bill increases. (and their stuff is already pretty pricey)

This PLC will only require E/IP communication in the I/O tree, no discrete I/O. It would need to be able to import an .eds file to configure these modules.

I looked at Automation Direct's line ($255-$599)but they only allow for 4 E/IP connections. My thought is that has to be some other PLC that can get me 16 connections but not cost $3k.

Any suggestions?

The Omron CS1 series supports Ethernet/IP with 256 connections using the CS1W-EIP21, but I would not say it is a much cheaper alternative.

You could acquire a used 1756-L6x, 1756-ENBT(s), 1756-A7 rack, and PA/B-72 power supply for well under $3000.

Of course, this depends on your application, and so on.

Hunting an inexpensive alternative to the AB 1769-L30ER

Good luck, sort of like looking for a cheap iPhone clone. If you found one it would likely be a black market item. :geek: